- Tiny fossils reveal backstory of the most mysterious amphibian alive
- Volcanic eruptions triggered dawn of the dinosaurs
- World's 'first named dinosaur' reveals new teeth with scanning tech
- Japan's largest complete dinosaur skeleton discovered
- New data for old bones: How the famous Cleveland-Lloyd dinosaur bone bed came to be
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
Tag Archives: Smithsonian National Museum of Natural History
When the movie Jurassic Park hit theaters in the summer of 1993, there was no question that the dinosaur renaissance–that had been coursing through the field of paleontology since the late 1960’s–had now, for the first time, really taken a … Continue reading
Dimetrodon is one of the most recognizable and fascinating prehistoric animals, and a favorite of many dinosaur fans who learned early on that despite its frequent inclusion in dinosaur books and toy playsets, Dimetrodon was NOT a dinosaur!