- 60-year-old paleontological mystery of a 'phantom' dicynodont
- The early bird got to fly: Archaeopteryx was an active flyer
- 127-million-year-old baby bird fossil sheds light on avian evolution
- Flipside of a dinosaur mystery: 'Bloat-and-float' explains belly-up ankylosaur fossils
- Locomotion of bipedal dinosaurs might be predicted from that of ground-running birds
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
Tag Archives: Sam Noble Oklahoma Museum of Natural History
Like many states in the American west, Oklahoma has been the site of numerous fossil discoveries over the past century. For many years, the state was known primarily for the discovery of Permian period reptiles and amphibians, but Jurassic and … Continue reading
Dimetrodon is one of the most recognizable and fascinating prehistoric animals, and a favorite of many dinosaur fans who learned early on that despite its frequent inclusion in dinosaur books and toy playsets, Dimetrodon was NOT a dinosaur!