The boys and I are making a quick stop in Rock Island, Illinois today to visit Augustana College’s Fryxell Geology Museum, home to the Cryolophosaurus. Cryolophosaurus is one of the more unusual dinosaurs in that he (1) has a crazy looking head crest and (2) was discovered in Antarctica, hence his name which means “frozen crested lizard.” Of course Antarctica when he lived wasn’t nearly as cold as it is now. Cryolophosaurus was discovered by a paleontologist from Augustana and he is the star of this nice little museum.
- Tiny fossils reveal backstory of the most mysterious amphibian alive
- Volcanic eruptions triggered dawn of the dinosaurs
- World's 'first named dinosaur' reveals new teeth with scanning tech
- Japan's largest complete dinosaur skeleton discovered
- New data for old bones: How the famous Cleveland-Lloyd dinosaur bone bed came to be
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.