The boys and I are making a quick stop in Rock Island, Illinois today to visit Augustana College’s Fryxell Geology Museum, home to the Cryolophosaurus. Cryolophosaurus is one of the more unusual dinosaurs in that he (1) has a crazy looking head crest and (2) was discovered in Antarctica, hence his name which means “frozen crested lizard.” Of course Antarctica when he lived wasn’t nearly as cold as it is now. Cryolophosaurus was discovered by a paleontologist from Augustana and he is the star of this nice little museum.
- First North American co-occurrence of Hadrosaur and Therizinosaur tracks found in Alaska
- The end-Cretaceous extinction unleashed modern shark diversity
- New dinosaur found in the wrong place, at the wrong time
- Paleontologists discover largest dinosaur foot ever
- Newly discovered armored dinosaur from Utah reveals intriguing family history
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.