The boys and I are making a quick stop in Rock Island, Illinois today to visit Augustana College’s Fryxell Geology Museum, home to the Cryolophosaurus. Cryolophosaurus is one of the more unusual dinosaurs in that he (1) has a crazy looking head crest and (2) was discovered in Antarctica, hence his name which means “frozen crested lizard.” Of course Antarctica when he lived wasn’t nearly as cold as it is now. Cryolophosaurus was discovered by a paleontologist from Augustana and he is the star of this nice little museum.
- New species of tiny tyrannosaur foreshadows rise of T. rex
- Marsupial lived among Arctic dinosaurs
- New dinosaur with heart-shaped tail provides evolutionary clues for African continent
- Fossils of new oviraptorosaur species discovered in Mongolia
- First discovered fossil feather did not belong to iconic bird Archaeopteryx
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.