The boys and I are making a quick stop in Rock Island, Illinois today to visit Augustana College’s Fryxell Geology Museum, home to the Cryolophosaurus. Cryolophosaurus is one of the more unusual dinosaurs in that he (1) has a crazy looking head crest and (2) was discovered in Antarctica, hence his name which means “frozen crested lizard.” Of course Antarctica when he lived wasn’t nearly as cold as it is now. Cryolophosaurus was discovered by a paleontologist from Augustana and he is the star of this nice little museum.
- World’s longest sauropod dinosaur trackway brought to light
- Humankind's earliest ancestors discovered in southern England
- Mammals switched to daytime activity after dinosaur extinction
- Time to rewrite the dinosaur textbooks? Not quite yet!
- 'Bandit-masked' feathered dinosaur hid from predators using multiple types of camouflage
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.