The boys and I are making a quick stop in Rock Island, Illinois today to visit Augustana College’s Fryxell Geology Museum, home to the Cryolophosaurus. Cryolophosaurus is one of the more unusual dinosaurs in that he (1) has a crazy looking head crest and (2) was discovered in Antarctica, hence his name which means “frozen crested lizard.” Of course Antarctica when he lived wasn’t nearly as cold as it is now. Cryolophosaurus was discovered by a paleontologist from Augustana and he is the star of this nice little museum.
- Different tracks, same dinosaurs: Researchers dig deeper into dinosaur movements
- Asteroid impact, not volcanoes, made the Earth uninhabitable for dinosaurs
- Tiny Japanese dinosaur eggs help unscramble Cretaceous ecosystem
- First dinosaur eggs were soft like a turtle's
- Tracking Australia's gigantic carnivorous dinosaurs
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.