The boys and I are making a quick stop in Rock Island, Illinois today to visit Augustana College’s Fryxell Geology Museum, home to the Cryolophosaurus. Cryolophosaurus is one of the more unusual dinosaurs in that he (1) has a crazy looking head crest and (2) was discovered in Antarctica, hence his name which means “frozen crested lizard.” Of course Antarctica when he lived wasn’t nearly as cold as it is now. Cryolophosaurus was discovered by a paleontologist from Augustana and he is the star of this nice little museum.
- Synchrotron X-ray sheds light on some of the world's oldest dinosaur eggs
- New feathered dinosaur was one of the last surviving raptors
- Late cretaceous dinosaur-dominated ecosystem
- 'Wonderchicken' fossil from the age of dinosaurs reveals origin of modern birds
- Dinosaur stomping ground in Scotland reveals thriving middle Jurassic ecosystem
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.