The boys and I are making a quick stop in Rock Island, Illinois today to visit Augustana College’s Fryxell Geology Museum, home to the Cryolophosaurus. Cryolophosaurus is one of the more unusual dinosaurs in that he (1) has a crazy looking head crest and (2) was discovered in Antarctica, hence his name which means “frozen crested lizard.” Of course Antarctica when he lived wasn’t nearly as cold as it is now. Cryolophosaurus was discovered by a paleontologist from Augustana and he is the star of this nice little museum.
- Dinosaur brains from baby to adult
- No teeth cleaning needed: Crocodiles shed old teeth, grow new ones
- Permian lizard-like animal suffered from a bone condition similar to Paget's disease
- New species of dinosaur discovered after lying misidentified in fossil vaults for 30 years
- Strange new species of duck-billed dinosaur identified
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.