The boys and I are making a quick stop in Rock Island, Illinois today to visit Augustana College’s Fryxell Geology Museum, home to the Cryolophosaurus. Cryolophosaurus is one of the more unusual dinosaurs in that he (1) has a crazy looking head crest and (2) was discovered in Antarctica, hence his name which means “frozen crested lizard.” Of course Antarctica when he lived wasn’t nearly as cold as it is now. Cryolophosaurus was discovered by a paleontologist from Augustana and he is the star of this nice little museum.
- Rare fossil bird deepens mystery of avian extinctions
- A toast to the proteins in dinosaur bones
- Most complete study on Europe's greatest Hadrosaur site published
- The teeth of Changchunsaurus: Rare insight into ornithopod dinosaur tooth evolution
- Dinosaurs put all colored birds' eggs in one basket, evolutionarily speaking
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.