The boys and I are making a quick stop in Rock Island, Illinois today to visit Augustana College’s Fryxell Geology Museum, home to the Cryolophosaurus. Cryolophosaurus is one of the more unusual dinosaurs in that he (1) has a crazy looking head crest and (2) was discovered in Antarctica, hence his name which means “frozen crested lizard.” Of course Antarctica when he lived wasn’t nearly as cold as it is now. Cryolophosaurus was discovered by a paleontologist from Augustana and he is the star of this nice little museum.
- Scientists Just Revealed What May Be The Biggest Dinosaur Footprint Ever Found March 27, 2017
- Creationist Ken Ham Gets Into Weirdest Twitter Fight With Washington Post Over Dinosaurs January 2, 2017
- Check Out This T-Rex Made Entirely Of Balloons Before It Goes Extinct December 13, 2016
- Scientists Discover Feathered Dinosaur Tail Trapped in Amber December 9, 2016
- A Fossil Hunter In England Unknowingly Discovered A Pickled Dinosaur Brain October 28, 2016